MUST Know SEO Fundamentals to Boost Your Website Traffic
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the process of optimising your content so it shows in the search results pages. Organic traffic is ranked as the most effective digital marketing channel to convert your potential customers into a paying customer.
Recently, I have attended the WSQ Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Certification Course with my colleagues at Equinet Academy. Hence, I would like to share some of the useful tips and takeaways from the lesson so you can benefit as well. =)
Here are 4 SEO fundamentals that you need to know:
1. Keyword Research
Keyword research is finding out what search terms your potential customers are using so that you can optimise your website better with the data.
The 4 main principles of effective keyword research are:
- Grasp your information arc
- Know who are your customers
- Know your customer buying journey
- Understand the customer search intent
2. On-Page SEO
On-page SEO is to fix your website issues and optimise your pages to boost rankings. It is very important to allow search engines to look for the content that is relevant enough to rank for the search terms.
3. Off-Page SEO
Off-page SEO activities involve link building to boost your domain authority and visibility. Some of the tips to build links are:
- Directory submission to increase your online visibility (Click here for the top 20 Singapore Business Directory List)
- Acquire backlinks through effective email outreach and good relationships with webmasters and influencers
- Content amplification via Social Media platforms through brand building and creating linkable assets
4. SEO Analytics
It’s important to track your SEO Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) from the organic search channel and allows you to make better decisions and know if your SEO efforts are working. You can set up basic reporting through Google Analytics.
The above summarize the fundamentals of SEO that you must know to kick start your SEO journey. If you have any questions or would like to share your views, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.